Tag Archives: Social worker

Who will be there

Every programme is organised and coordinated by a healthcare professional. This will usually be a nurse or a physiotherapist. These will be the core staff who will be at all your pulmonary rehabilitation sessions. Pulmonary rehabilitation programmes vary, and may also involve other health care professionals for the education sessions.

Where to get help

If you notice breathlessness affecting how you manage your daily living tasks, or if you would like further information or assistance to discuss any of these issues, please contact your local council social care services for assessment by an Occupational Therapist or Social Worker. Your GP or practice nurse can make a referral to Occupational […]

Preparing to leave Hospital

You may find that you have lost some strength and fitness while in hospital. Your recovery at home may take some time. You may be offered help to stop smoking. A variety of help is available. Perhaps you were finding it difficult coping with all your daily chores before you came into hospital? An assessment […]